The Silenced Memory of the ROW – the Memory of Emigrants and Minorities
Objectives 01.06.2013 - 31.01.2014
1. To increase the sensitivity about the destiny of the denominational and ethnic minorities as a result of the war.
2. To give a voice to alternative interpretations silenced by dominating national narratives.
3. To relate the national versions about the main refugee flows caused by the war and to compare the state politics towards them.
4. To research integration of Muslim minorities in Christian countries and of Christian minorities in the Ottoman Empire (Turkey); to analyze how the war affected the migration of Jews.
5. To debate essentialist nationalist doctrines by outlining the social and political contexts of writing and re-writing history.
Conference "State Politics on Minorities after the ROW" - January 2014 at Bilgi-University of Istanbul