Places of Memory and Celebrations of Heroes of the ROW
Objectives 01.10.2012 - 31.05.2013
1. To research and register the existing monuments, museums and denominational monuments of the ROW.
2. To outline the political, social, and ecological contexts of their creation; ways of funding; competitions and discussions; the stories of uncompleted or destroyed monuments.
3. To map the toponymy of war memories in the countries involved – designation of towns and villages, streets, schools, parks, and hospitals in order to outline the most condensed memories, places, existing parallels and differences.
4. To reconstruct the media coverage and the commercialization of war monuments by tourist industry.
5. To outline the role of popular national representations of the war in literature and cinema for social mobilization and political propaganda.
6. To compare the state politics in the sphere of art.
7. To outline the critical periods of condensation of official memory culture.
8. To analyze the role of the writing about the war in the making of national literature canons reflected in the school textbooks.
Workshop for Young Researchers "Media Coverage and Exploitation on the War Memory by Tourism Industry" - 26.04.2013 at University of Blagoevgrad
Workshop "Places of Memory and Heroes of the ROW” - 27.04.2013 at University of Blagoevgrad
Workshop for Young Researchers "Visual Anthropology and Critical Analysis of Popular Movies about the Russian-Ottoman War 1877-1878" - 21-22.02.2013 at National Academy of Science of Republic of Armenia