Gender and War Memory
Objectives 01.02.2014 - 30.09.2014
1. To increase the awareness for gender aspects of the war and its interpretation.
2. To voice women’s experience and memory of the war.
3. To outline male domination in war memory and male strategies to filter women’s experience.
4. To analyze critically the construction of women as heroines, supporters, activists, and victims of the war in various denominational and cultural traditions.
5. To reveal and compare the mechanisms of war memory aiming at male domination in politics, history and culture.
Workshop "Women’s Memory of the ROW" - September 2014 at the Armenian Academy of Sciences, Yerevan